course: Computational Engineering 2
- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- computer based presentation, black board and chalk
- responsible person:
- Priv.-Doz. Dr. Jürgen Geiser
- Priv.-Doz. Dr. Jürgen Geiser (ETIT)
- offered in:
- summer term
dates in summer term
- lecture: Monday the 19.03.2018 from 09:00 to 16.00 o'clock in ID 03/445
- lecture: Tuesday the 20.03.2018 from 09:00 to 16.00 o'clock in ID 03/445
- lecture: Wednesday the 21.03.2018 from 09:00 to 16.00 o'clock in ID 03/445
- lecture: Thursday the 22.03.2018 from 09:00 to 16.00 o'clock in ID 03/445
- lecture: Friday the 23.03.2018 from 09:00 to 16.00 o'clock in ID 03/445
Date according to prior agreement with lecturer.
Exam registration: Directly with the lecturer
description of exam:
The type of examination will be announced in the first lecture.
- Consolidation of the modelling for Maxwell-equations from the lecture Computational Engineering 1
- Preparing the theoretical fundamentals for solving the underlying partial differential equations
- Communication of numerical solver methods for efficient and robust simulations
- Communication of so called coupling methods, e.g., FDTD methods (Finite-Difference Time-Domain methods), which allow to reduce computing time
- Consolidation of the spatial- and time-domain decomposition methods and their parallelisation
- Introduction to commercial and academic simulation programs for solving such electrodynamics equations
- Derivation of the hierarchical model-equations for the electrodynamics
- Repetition and consolidation of the numerical methods for the Maxwell-equations (FDTD methods and domain-decomposition methods)
- Parallel methods for spatial- and time-decomposition methods
- Examples in the areas of wave-equation, dipole antenna, fluid- and particle transport
- Extensive practical sessions and programming-exercises in MATLAB
- Contents of the Modules Mathematics 1-3
- Computational Engineering I (non obligatory required)
The lecture is given as block-lecture. The examinations can be passed at Friday. In the course a script is used. While the number of participants is limited, please register as soon as possible till 05.03.2018 at the secretary Elke Konhaeuser (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Dates in summer term 2018:
- Monday 19.03.2018, 09:00-16.00, in room ID 03/445
- Tuesday 20.03.2018, 09:00-16.00, in room ID 03/445
- Wednesday 21.03.2018, 09:00-16.00, in room ID 03/445
- Thursday 22.03.2018, 09:00-16.00, in room ID 03/445
- Friday 23.03.2018, 09:00-16.00, in room ID 03/445
The practical exercises are given in MATLAB, in room ID 1/104 (CIP room).
The course is awarded with the eLearning Label of the RUB for the summer-semester 2016 and 2017. Further the lecturer is awarded with the 18th elearning-prize of the "in-class and out-of-class" concept.